4 Days Workshop on "Research Philosophies and Research Methods in Finance"
- Baragali Summer Camp, University of Peshawar
Objectives of Workshop
The program will focus on research philosophies in context of management studies and research techniques used in finance. This workshop will enhance the quality of research of participants more specifically in context of data collection, data assembling and its management. Further this program is also focusing on emerging qualitative techniques used in Finance. For this purpose the targeted participants are MS/MPhil and PhD students and faculty of higher educations of Pakistani Universities. The research students are lacking the quality education in this context, so this workshop will be useful activity as it included a practical involvement of participants by using statistical techniques. Research techniques are an essential skill for both Finance Professionals and research students. Understanding research techniques can facilitate and improve the reliability and quality of research findings.
Resource Person of Workshop
- Dr. Shuja Ahmad – Asst. Professor, Department of Philosophy, University of Peshawar.
- Dr. Atta Ullah Shah– Asst. Professor, Institute of Management Sciences, Peshawar
- Dr. Naimat - Asst. Professor, Institute of Management Studies, University of Peshawar.
- Dr. Shuja Ahmad, PhD (Philosophy) is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Philosophy, University of Peshawar. He is a renowned researcher with specialization in the field of Informal Logic and Philosophy of Language. He has produced number of research articles in the field of Informal Logic and Philosophy of Language and has achieved worth mentioning repute in Pakistan in his juvenile, committed and focused teaching and research career. He has successfully equipped fresh and young research students and scholars to amenably execute and complete scholarly projects.
- Dr. Attaullah Shah, PhD (Finance) is an Assistant Professor at the Institute of Management Sciences, Peshawar. He is a renowned researcher with specialization in the field of corporate finance and allied areas. He has produced number of research articles in the field of finance and has achieved worth mentioning repute in Pakistan in his juvenile, committed and focused teaching and research career. He has successfully equipped fresh and young research students and scholars to amenably execute and complete scholarly projects. To know further about him, please visit his website:www.OpenDoors.pk
- Dr. Naimat Ullah Khan is an academic by profession for last nine years at apex level of education. He is an Assistant Professor at the Institute of Management Studies, University of Peshawar. He got his doctorate degree from School of Business, University of Dundee, UK at a young age. He has been selected by the Emerald Group Publishing as a Highly Commended Paper of 2013. In addition, Emerald Group Publishing has declared him an “Outstanding Reviewer” for Qualitative Research in Financial Markets in the Emerald Literati Network 2014 Awards for Excellence.
- Registration Fee is Rs. 3500/ per participant.
- Last Date for Registration: 17th July 2015.
- Registration after the deadline is subject to availability of seats.
In the light of the workshop contents following are considered eligible:
- PhD / MS
- MS / PhD Scholars will be given priority in Registration
- M.B.A / M.Com.
- Professionals with interest in the subject.
Note: Number of Seats are limited; available on 1st come and 1st served basis.
(Checks should be drawn in favor of Principal Quaid-e-Azam College of Commerce, University of Peshawar, Habib Bank Limited, Account No. 040400174311701 and be sent to the Organizer or pay in cash to the organizer on or before 17th July 2015).
In addition please also email the following particulars to the focal person:
- Name of the Participant:
- Soft copy of the lecture notes and presentations.
- Participation Certificate.
- Break Fast, Lunch and Dinner.
- Accommodation is subject to in time registration.
- Female participants are requested to contact early as special accommodation arrangements have to be made, otherwise accommodation will be on their own risk.
Note: Each participant should bring their own Laptop with Stata and Eviews Installed (we don’t have computer lab facility at Bara Gali).
Focal Person: Faisal Khan
Lecturer in Finance.
Quaid-e-Azam College of Commerce, University of Peshawar
Venue: University of Peshawar Campus II, Bara Gali
The Campus II of the University of Peshawar is located at Bara Gali on the Abbottabad – Nathia Gali - Murree Road, at a distance of approximately 30 kilometers from Abbottabad, having an altitude of 7700 ft above the sea level, and spread over an area of 60 acres of land.
Bara Gali, one of the most beautiful valley resort with dense forests, tall mountains and very pleasant climate, is the Campus II of the University of Peshawar since 1965. It is the nucleus of our academic and research activities particularly during summer vacations, i.e. Mays to Septembers. Each summer around 20-25 International and National Seminars, Conferences, Symposia, Workshops, Training courses, etc. are held at this Campus, which are attended by more than a thousand national and international participants. Thousands of our students from various teaching departments/schools/colleges/Centre’s visit Bara Gali each year both in summers and winters, for various academic and research and recreation purposes.