University Public School
Contact No: 091-9216488, 091-9216489
University Public School (UPS) was founded as an English medium wing of the historic Islamia Collegiate School. It was given the name Islamia Collegiate School No. 2 (English Medium). In 1968, it was re-organized on modern lines with the present name. The founder of the School was Choudhry Muhammad Ali, the Vice Chancellor of the University of Peshawar.
The Evening School was started in 2013 with a purpose to minimize the pressure of admissions on the school and to accommodate more students who seek admission.
The need to establish an English medium School for the children of this area was felt back in sixties which led to foundation of this school in April 1963. The school is situated on the gateway to the historic Khyber Pass opposite Islamia College about four miles west of Peshawar on the University Road.
The school building is spread over an area of 114 kanals with well ventilated classrooms, well equipped laboratories, library with a a reading room, canteen, book shop, a mosque, lush green lawns and vast playgrounds.
It is an English medium institution which provides education on modern lines from K.G to 10th class. Competent, experienced and dedicated teaching staff impart instructions to students to improve their moral and intellectual capabilities.
Special attention is paid to the teaching of the Holy Qura’an and Hadith in order to create true Islamic moral values in our students. To achieve this goal regular program’s and functions of Qirat Competitions, Seerat contests and debates are held as co-curricular activities.
Offering and creating a conducive environment for producing students with balanced personality through effective teaching learning process, Curricular and Co-curricular activities as well as enabling the teaching staff to deliver maximum of their potentials through most effective techniques.
- Enhancing the thinking and imagination power of students through activity based Education.
- Inculcating the sense of responsibility regarding their exams, society and surrounding the students live in.
- Enabling the students to compete with a sense of sportsman’s spirit and to acknlwedge defeat with dignity and as a part of the game.
- Providing an opportunity for the Employees of University of Peshawar to decorate their children with the best form of Education at their doorsteps.
- Providing an opportunity to the whole Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to get their children admitted after a highly competitive test.
- Run the institution under the patronage of University of Peshawar implementing their rules and regulation.