5th Spring Research Poster Exhibition
The Institute of Chemical Sciences is organizing a research poster exhibition on April 12, 2016. Research scholars from the greater campus of the Universities of Peshawar Khyber Pakhtunkhwa are invited to participate in this exhibition. This exhibition will provide an opportunity to research scholars in chemistry to present their data in poster form and To;
- motivate students for doing quality research
- understand the current state of research and the challenges to future discovery
- learn from researchers in a comprehensive program covering all areas of chemistry and related disciplines .
- develop the ability to demonstrate before their seniors
- improve presentation skills of research scholars
Program and Guidelines for Poster Preparation
- Program is scheduled on 12th April 2016, 8:30-2:00 PM, at Institute of Chemical Sciences University of Peshawar
- All posters should be displayed at 8:30 AM. Poster session is scheduled for approximately 4 h and 30 min.
- Exhibition will be inaugurated by Vice Chancellor University of Peshawar Prof. Dr. Muhammad Rasul Jan at 10: 00 AM.
- Poster presentations will be followed by a closing ceremony at 1:00 PM in Room No 238.
- Best Poster Awards will be given to three contestants. However, all participants will receive participation certificates.
- All posters have been arranged in alphabetical order w.r.t presenting/first author names and accordingly every poster has been assigned a specific code (P1-P52).
- The cork board on which each poster will be mounted is 3.5x3.5 feet and your display should fit inside the board frame, so your poster should be smaller than the dimensions of the board. We recommend 3.3x3.3 feet (approx. 100 cm x 100 cm) poster size (square not portrait or landscape).
- Please design your posters as eye-catching and attractive. Make all text, tables, graphs & figures large enough, clear and readable.
- All posters should include a title, abstract, short introduction, aims of the study, results and conclusion. You can also include materials & methods and discussion parts, if necessary.
- Tacking/Fixation materials for attaching the posters to the board will be provided, so you don’t need to bring your own. All presenters have to display their posters by themselves.
- The presenting authors must stand at their posters during the poster session for discussion and questions. Posters will be formally evaluated by judges so please be ready.
- Please remove your posters at the end of the event (preferably at 2:00 PM i.e after the ceremony).
- Due to author copyright privileges, it is strictly prohibited to take photos and/or copies from poster of any scientific material without the permission by the authors.