In order to stream line the whole admission procedure and provide one window operation to students seeking admission in various courses, the Directorate of Admissions was established in 2001.
The Directorate of Admissions is headed by a Director, assisted by Deputy Registrar and professional staff of the admissions office who are responsible for matters concerning the admissions procedures of all Undergraduate, Postgraduate levels and Higher Studies(M.Phil./ Ph.D.)
The functions of the Directorate are:
- To manage publications of the University prospectus for Undergraduate, Postgraduate level and Higher Studies.
- To finalize Admission schedules, calendars and give them wide publicity.
- To deliver admissions-related services to all constituencies both in the public and private sectors.
- To Collect, Scrutinize and Process applications forms received for admissions to various levels.
- To Prepare merit lists according to the University admission criteria and display these in the respective departments/colleges/centers.
- To Co-ordinate with concerned University departments in matters relating to admissions.
- To ensure compliance with admission standards, policies and regulations.
In addition, the Directorate also look after the M.Phil. /Ph.D. programs being run by the University and is actively engaged in dealing M.Phil./Ph.D. cases of more than 30 Departments and Centres of Excellence etc.
To monitor other designated management responsibilities such as migration, scholarships, equivalence of academic credentials/programs and attendance rules, The Directorate of Admissions consists of four sections
- Admissions Information Management System (AMIS) for Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs
- M. Phil/Ph.D Section (Room No. 105)
- Affiliated Colleges section (Room No. 102)
- Scholarship Section