Three Days International Conference on Marginalization and Social Exclusion in the Perspective of Market Economy
- 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
- The Bara Gali Summer Campus, Abbottabad Nathia Gali - Murree Road, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan
Three Days International Conference on
“Marginalization and Social Exclusion in the Perspective of Market Economy"
17 – 19 August, 2017
CALL FOR PAPERS
School of Economics, QAU, Islamabad and Department of Economics, University of Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) with the collaboration of Women University Mardan is going to organise three days International conference on “MARGINALISATION AND SOCIAL EXCLUSION IN THE PERSPECTIVE OF MARKET ECONOMY” on 17-19 August, 2017 at Baragali Summer Camp (Baragali, Abbottabad), University of Peshawar.
It is sometimes viewed that an economy based on unfettered market forces leads to marginalisation and social exclusion. Furthermore, social exclusion and marginalisation deteriorate social cohesion and dwindle economic growth and development. Social exclusion denies people and communities many economic opportunities required for living a decent life. On the other hand, social cohesion contributes towards progress and development across different denominations and connects all irrespective of ethno-linguistic and socio-cultural diversity. Social exclusion and marginalization appear in the form of poverty, inequality, discrimination, etc. Likewise, economic opportunities offered by the market, state and society are inaccessible for the marginalized people, communities and regions. Often, such communities and regions are powerless and voiceless; are ignored by their respective governments; and suffer from lack of education, health, and other opportunities of basic life.
To deal with the issues associated with marginalization and social exclusion in the context of market economy, School of Economics, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, and Department of Economics, University of Peshawar, with the collaboration of Mardan Women University Mardan, are going to organise three days International conference in Baragli Summer Camp (Baragali, Abbotablad) University of Peshawar. All researchers, academicians, policy makers, relevant stakeholders, National/International Organizations are invited to participate and contribute papers in the conference on any of the following sub-themes.
1. Manifestations of social exclusion and marginalization
2. Determinants of marginalization and social exclusion
3. Economy of under privileged and neglected areas including the areas near Pak-Afghan border, FATA, Southern Districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Malakand division, Southern Punjab, Interior Sindh, and Baluchistan.
4. Context based Women empowerment
5. Empowering minorities and transgender through reforms in legal and economic institutions
6. Horizontal and vertical inequalities in developing countries
7. Economic mobility in social and cultural perspective
8. Poverty and its various dimensions
9. Marginalization due to exposure to shocks, disaster and other risks
10. Formal and informal social security mechanisms and marginalized people
11. Public policy and regional disparities in developing countries
12. Other, miscellaneous issues related to marginalized people, communities and regions.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
Abstract Submission Date: 28-02-2017 (150-200 words)
Communication of Acceptance of the Abstracts: 10-03-2017
Paper Submission Date: 10-04-2017
Conference Date: 17,18,19, August 2017
Venue of the Conference: Baragli Summer Camp (Baragali, Abbottabad), University of Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP)
Submission of Abstract: Please submit your abstracts in Word Format via email to
Mr. Nadeem Iqbal, Assistant Professor, Department of Economics UoP,
Dr Muhammad Tariq Majeed, Assistant Professor, School of Economics, QAU
Registration Fee: Rs.2000/- for Faculty and Rs.1500/ for students. The registration fee includes
Conference pack, lunch, tea, certificate & conference Proceedings.
FOR CORRESPONDENCE CONTACT BELOW FOCAL PERSONS
Dr Sajjad Ahmad Jan Dr Anwar Shah
Assistant Professor, Assistant Professor,
Department of Economics, School of Economics,
University of Peshawar, Peshwar. Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad
email: firstname.lastname@example.org email: email@example.com
Contact: +923339287490 Contact: +923339471444