Department of Political Science
Contact No: +92919216751
To be one of the leading departments of the University of Peshawar with the needed talent and opportunities where youth of the nation in general and those of the frontier province in particular could be proud of seeking knowledge for their masters’ and research degrees.
The department aims at achieving continuous progress in imparting education / training to students so as to train them to shoulder future responsibilities in a manner that satisfies the expectations of the nation. To achieve the objective, the department has been updating / revising its syllabi so as to cope with the education needs of a fast moving Pakistan.
- To revise syllabi and incorporate courses that reflect the modern day trends in political studies;
- To place more emphasis on the holding of conferences and seminars;
- To turn the department into a Think Tank where issues of national and regional importance are debated and food for thought supplied to the policy making institutions of the state;
- To introduce new fields of specialization and thus expand the range of choices for students;
- To accelerate research activities and motivate research students to take up issues for investigation that can help Pakistan to meet successfully the challenges of modern era;
- To produce at least one Ph.D and four M.Phil scholars during the session